Sunday, May 13, 2012

Enjoy (It's your day)

Happy Sunday and Happy Mother's Day to all the moms out there!  Today I have a lovely card that I made that is a copy of a card I made a few months ago, only then it was a thank you card.  I just changed the sentiment for Mother's Day.  Now for the paper yummies:

I cut a bunch of strips of patterned papers from My Mind's Eye, and arranged them on a piece of white cardstock.  I tilted them different directions and varied the exposed width of each strip.  Then I trimmed the overhang and stitched all the way around the edge as well as where each pattern meets the next.  I used a Hampton Art stamp and embossed it, then cut the label using a Nestabilities die.  I finished off the panel with some ribbon and a brad, then attached it to the card base.  Here is a closer view of the sentiment:

I think this card is really sweet, and it reminds me of a strip quilt.  This type of card is a great way to use up scraps, and could be used for any occasion with a simple change of the sentiment.  Thanks for looking!

I'm playing along here:
AnnaBelle Stamps AC072: Say it With...Stitching
Card Makin' Mamas Challenge #45: May Flowers
Raise the Bar Challenge #104: Mother's Day
The Ribbon Carousel RCC52: Word to Your Mother

Supplies: card base: The Paper Studio; cardstock: Recollections; patterned papers: My Mind's Eye; stamp: Hampton Art; ink: Versamark; embossing powder: American Crafts; label die: Nestabilities by Spellbinders; die cutting machine: Cuttlebug by Provocraft; ribbon, brad: craft supply; sewing machine: Kenmore; quilting thread: Americana

11 comments:

  1. I love this card, love the paper strips and the sewing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely a good scrapper user upper! (I really must get a sewing machine...) Love the way you attached the ribbon to the tag!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a sweet card! Love the mix of papers and patterns.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super pretty!Love the mix of patterns! Thanks so much for playing along with us at AnnaBelle Stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your paper piecing and stitching. Pretty card.
    Thanks for joining at CardMakin'Mamas.
    Lisa:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an awesome way to use up scraps. Gorgeous papers together and I love your stitching. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah this is perfection!!! Thanks for sharing with us at AnnaBelle Stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the papers and how you've cut and stitched them!!
    TFS with us this week :)
    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so perfect for the 'stitching' challenge! the combo of papers is superb!
    thanks for sharing your fabulous creation with us at AnnaBelle's this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. CONGRATS on your TOP SPOOL at Ribbon Carousel Kimberley :)

    ReplyDelete